- Affligem 33cl goblet glass6.39 €/ unit6.39 €See pricesUntil 5.43 €26.07 € / unit45.75 € / unit65.43 € / unit
- Postel Blonde2.79 €/ unit2.79 €
- DiscontinuedAffligem - 25 cl Glass5.50 €/ unit5.50 €
- out of stockAffligem Helder Blonde2.40 €/ unit2.40 €
- DiscontinuedAffligem belge - 25cl Glass 4.90 €/ unit4.90 €
- DiscontinuedAffligem - 50cl Glass6.60 €/ unit6.60 €
- Discontinued6 glasss Affligem - 25 cl20.10 €/ unit20.10 €
- out of stockPostel Triple3.20 €/ unit3.20 €
- Discontinuedkeg 5L Affligem + glass28.50 €/ unit28.50 €
- DiscontinuedAffligem Dubbel2.50 €/ unit2.50 €
- out of stockAffligem Triple2.90 €/ unit2.90 €
The Belgian brewery at the Abdij Affligem Abbey is one of the most famous Abbaye beer breweries in Belgium, brewing authentic monastery Dubbel, Tripel, Quadrupel and Belgian Pale Ale beers.
The Affligem brewery dates back to 1074 when six robbers were pardoned and decided to become monks, founding a small community that grew in size over time.
Two of the Benedictine rules are self-sufficiency and hospitality so the six monks created their own bakery and brewery, welcoming pilgrims and travellers.
In 1129, the monastery was saved from the ravages of fire when a monk named Daniel, who had not said a word for 16 years, approached the blaze and cried: "Fire, staywhere you are right now and extinguish yourself entirely".
In 1796, a few years after the French revolution, the abbey was invaded and demolished. In 1871 the Benedictine monks returned to rebuild the Abbey brewery and so began the green shoots of Affligem’s recovery.
The brewery suffered another blow in 1917 when the German army requisitioned the coppers, effectively closing the brewery. By the end of the war, the monks had already begun reconstruction work. World War II marked the closure of the brewery from 1940 to 1945, so Don Robertus decided to send the recipe to the secular Hertog brewery.
A more modern recipe was created known as the "Formula Antiqua Renovata".
In 1970, the brewery returned to its original location in Opwijk where it has remained from that day to this.